The preparation of this whole grain pasta is minimal and the whole dish should be ready in just 30 minutes. Quick and delicious!
1 box whole grain penne or rotini
1 1/2 cloves garlic, pressed
3 Tbsp exra virgin olive oil
3/4 sprig fresh rosemary
1/2 cup white wine
3 1/3 cups (1/2 medium head) cabbage, thinly sliced
4 cups (13 ounces) domestic mushrooms, quartered
2 cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup parmigiano cheese, grated
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
Salt and feshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Press the garlic cloves gently with the flat of your knife. Place them in a skillet with the olive oil and rosemary; sauté for 2 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add cabbage and mushrooms, sauté for 5 minutes and add wine. Continue cooking until the wine is completely evaporated; add two cups of hot chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the garlic cloves out of the skillet.
5. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
6. Drain pasta and toss with sauce and butter. Add cheese and parsley and toss again.